New Zealand visa types
If you are thinking about visiting or living in New Zealand, you need to know what kind of visa you need. As of 2019, there are three major visa categories:
- Residence class visas. These include resident and permanent resident visas.
- Temporary entry class visas. These are student, work, limited, and other kinds of visas.
- Transit visas. Transit visas are different from the other two visa classes.
In some cases, you don't need a visa. This is when you are:
- A New Zealand or Australian citizen or resident.
- A citizen of the United Kingdom.
- A citizen of a visa waiver country.
Note, however, that from 1 October 2019, some people may need an NZeTA for traveling to New Zealand. NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority) is a new travel requirement introduced by the New Zealand government and can be requested using the official mobile app or website.
Your go-to resource for all up-to-date information about getting visas should be https://www.immigration.govt.nz/. The official website of the New Zealand government is https://www.govt.nz/ and it also provides a lot of useful information about visas.
Lodging your visa application
Most of visa applications can be submitted online using the Immigration New Zealand website.
Topics: New Zealand